- Citrus Cupcakes2014-01-07 12:05:14Yields 24Write a reviewIngredients
For the citrus glaze
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups of oil (moist but the cupcakes will not get tanned) or 4 sticks of butter (tanned cupcakes not as moist) or replace half of the butter for apple sauce (less fat, but rich and tanned cupcakes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoon finely grated (lemon, orange and lime) zest (3 tablespoons of each)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
For the Glaze
- Preheat oven at 325F
- In a bowl mix flour and salt
- In a mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy / or if you are using oil and sugar until well mixed / or butter, apple sauce and sugar until fluffy
- Add citrus zests to the mix
- reduce mixer speed to medium and add vanilla
- Add eggs, beat until everything is incorporated
- Reduce speed to low and add slowly the flour and salt mix until everything is incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake pan with the mix, fill each tin 3/4 full (the mix does not have baking powder then is not going to raise a lot so you have to fill the tins 3/4 full! )
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean.
- pull out the cupcakes from the pan and place them in a cooling rack. let them cool completely before decorating with glaze
Adapted from Ella BuitragoAdapted from Ella BuitragoKukki Caffe http://www.onecakeaday.com/
- whisk together all ingredients until completely incorporated. place the mix in a decorating bag; poor the glaze over cupcakes tops, garnish with lime zest.