- Roll out cookie dough (any dough to bake cookies that you can decorate)– if you don’t have one here is a recipe!
- White Royal icing (thinned and full strength).
- Icing colors (the ones of your graduate college) in this case i am using wilton red-red and wilton red-no-taste.
- Gold paint, i like americolor but you can use any gold dust mixed with vodka, or lemon extract, or water.
- Fine decorators brush
- Round Tips #1 and #2.
- Print out of the letter that you want to place in your cookies.
- Wax paper squares.
- Scribe or tooth picks
- Flat blade or very thin knife
- Decorating Bags
- adhesive tape
2. Tape the wax paper square on top of your letter(secure it but not too tight because you will want to remove the letter that you are going to outline and continue with the next letter).
3.Using full strength white royal icing and tip #1 or #2 outline the letter. Let dry 15 minutes and using your college colors (silver or gold) paint the piped letter. Let dry
4. With tip #1 and thinned royal icing fill the inside area of the letter; use the scribe or toot pick to push the royal icing in to the corners giving a neat finish. Let dry overnight.
5. Bake and cool your cookies, is recomendable that you use the flatters cookies in your batch but if you got lots of bumps on their surfaces as soon as you take them out if the oven take a metal spoon and massage delicately the cookie tops flattening the bumps until gone, let cool.
Once the cookies are cool you can start to flow them.
6. With thinned royal and tip number 2 outline the cookie and immediately start to flow the complete surface.
10. Push the letter until you have it in the desired place.
11. Repeat the same process with the other cookies and let dry overnight.