This tutorial can apply to pretty much al the “cut and press” cookie cutters out there.
I’m using the M & M characters because i love these little dudes. Here are some links where you can find cut and press cookie cutters.
If you love the cookies and you want them but don’t feel like doing them or you don’t have the time to do them; you can buy the cookies at my new store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/OneCakeaDay
Enjoy the tutorial! (Click on the picture to be able to see it ginormus!!!)
- Prepare your favorite sugar cookies dough. Use you preferred (cut and press) cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies leaving space in between them that way if your dough expands they will not touch each other.
- Once baked let them cool. Outline the hands and shoes detail with full strength royal icing and tip 3 or if you can with tip 2
- Fill the details with 17 count royal icing, that way it will not run over the delicate lines you just did. Let dry.
- In this case I used fondant for the little bodies because some people like how they look but not how the royal icing taste in large quantities. Then if you give away one these cookies the person wil be able to peel off the fondant and eat the plain cookie. But if you prefer to use the 10 count royal that is a good option too. Going back to the fondant: Use the cookie cuter again, roll out fondant in the desired color about 1/16 in thick. Cut out the outline and press to get the details.
- Using and knife cut out the piece that you want to use in your cookie in this case I cut out the torso only, after that you can attach the piece to the cookie using a lightly damp brush or even a little of watered-down piping gel.
- Pipe the face details with full strength royal and tip 2.
- Finish the details based on the press(sometimes we can not see all the detail because we just covered it. (for my cookies I had to over-pipe the eyes and eyelashes).
- My characters have an M in their tummy so I decided to flood that area to make it look smooth. In addition I finished arms with out outline and just flooding the areas with 17 count flesh color royal.
- Finish the legs detail doing the same we did with the arms.
- Repeat for all the additional cookies.
- LOVE the Cookies
Now you can have perfect cookies !!!!!
If you love the cookies and you want them but don’t feel like doing them or you don’t have the time to do them, you can buy the cookies at my new store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/OneCakeaDay