Hello One Cake a Day fans!
This tutorial is done to achieve the royal icing effect but with out royal icing!!!!!
Yes just bake your favorite cookies and follow the instructions. 🙂
- Cover your cookies with marshmallow fondant or the kind of fondant you like the most (has to be tasty) I recommend to use 1/8 inch thick but if you want it thinner it will work too.
- using a flower cutter mark your cookie where you want your flowers to go. with the marks yo can plan exactly where the flowers go and when we attach the flowers it will look like they are coming from the back of the cookie and not from the front.
- Roll out fondant 1/16 in thick and cut ot the flower that you want to attach to your cookie. apply little of water to the flower’s back and attach it to the cookie.
- Use a veiner tool or a very fine tip to place exactly over the marks your flower. Now with the back of a brush press firmly into the flower petals to mold their shapes and make them look more real.
- Once you have attached all your flowers color dust the edge of the cookie
- Using Gold paint out line the edges of the flowers, let them dry and paint them over with the predominant color of the cookie.
- For the flower centers I added silver nonpareils but you can use the color thad you like the most
- Using brown color dust and lemon extract or vodka paint the flower branches
- Cut out fondant leafs and attach them but not flat
- Now you have great cookies with no royal icing!