Hi today i’m bringing and project the is from last year. I did this cupcakes for Wilton (designed by Steve) and the project is published at the Michael Project pages. I think these guys are super fun and very easy to do.
Go directly to Michaels project page here to get the materials and the instructions.
In the paragraph bellow i have the instructions but with my own tips (my tips are underlined). MUAHAHAHAHA
Instructions with EllaB tips.
- Bake and cool cupcakes as directed on package. (For these guys you need a little bit plumpier cupcakes so you can add and additional egg to you cake mix or fill a little bit more your cupcake molds) I recommend a thicker kind of mix because if is too spongy the cupkake will not hold all the decorations. in addition put some filling(buttercream) inside the cupcakes!
- Ice smooth with spatula in green, orange or violet buttercream icing. Build up orange and violet cupcakes in center. If you buttercream forms crust let the build up dry a little bit that way it will hold better the addition decorations
- Make two arms for each cupcake. Tint 1 oz. of fondant green, orange or violet. Roll out 1/16″ thick. Cut lollipop sticks to 1½” long. Cut a 1¼” x 1¼” strip and wrap around stick. For hands, shape a ½” ball; flatten and cut ¼” slits for fingers. Attach hands to arms using thinned fondant adhesive and position knife decoration in hand. Fold over fingers and attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Set aside; reserve remaining tinted fondant. So here this works too if you do the arms with gum paste instead of lollipop sticks covered with fondant.
- After theses steps continue with the bodies and at the end do the mouths
- For green cupcake, pipe tip 5 dots on top in a darker shade. Flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. For eye, roll ½ oz. of white fondant into a ball. Roll out orange fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 1 in. circle for iris and attach with damp brush. Roll a ¼” black ball flat; cut a 3/8″ circle and attach for pupil. Cut a small dot from white fondant for highlight and attach. Outline iris with black FoodWriter; draw vein lines with red FoodWriter. Position eye and insert arms. Here you can decorate the complete eye with the food writers if you don’t want to add more fondant.
- For orange cupcake, pipe tip 18 pull-out star fur in orange. For eyes, roll two ¼” balls of white fondant. Flatten slightly. Roll two 1/16″ balls of black fondant for pupils; flatten and attach. Cut thin strips of black fondant and attach for eyebrows. Position eyes and insert arms.
- For violet cupcake, pipe tip 12 balls on cupcake top in violet buttercream, building up at center. For eyes, roll two 5/8″ balls of white fondant. Roll two ¼” balls of black fondant for irises; flatten and attach. Cut two small dots of white fondant for highlights and attach. For eyelids, roll out white fondant very thin; cut a ½” circle, then cut in half. Attach one half for one eyelid. Position eyes and insert arms.
- So now you can continue with the mouths!
- Make one mouth for each cupcake. Tint 1 oz. of fondant black. Roll out 1/16″ thick. Use knife to cut a free-form shape, 1½”x½” wide for violet and orange cupcake and 1¾” x ¾” wide for green cupcake. Position on cupcake.
- Make teeth. Roll out white fondant 1/16″ thick. Use knife to cut small rectangles or triangles. Position on cupcake.