To continue with the mini tutorials this is the second part of the Extreme String work class with Barbara Evans. So this technique is a little different but still you need to use the first 3 steps of the Australian string work minitutorial. In addition you have to prepare a decorating bag with royal icing in pink or blue to be able to see the contrast against the cake. use tip #1. So you should have one decorating bag with white icing and tip #2 and other decorating bag with royal icing (pink blue or any color) and tip #1.
1. With tip # 2 and white icing pipe dots(fat dots) at evenly distance around your cake. let them dry.
2.Pipe again over the first dots one more row of dots to get a length of about 3/8 inch. let them dry.
3. Start piping strings in between the dots but don’t let the strings touch the cake surface.!!!!(the strings should hang from the dots) let them dry.
4. pipe one row more of dots over the string unions and let them dry.
5. READ VERY CAREFULLY!: Carefully Turn your cake upside down! you need to put some support on top of your cake and after that turn it. you will see that your first strings are dry and will hold upside down.
6.Pipe strings on top of the dots all around the cake and let them dry.
5. you can make many difjerent designs just letting fly your imagination just remember that for each row of strings that you want to pipe first you need to pipe dots and let them dry.
Here is an example of my extreme piping (yes I went kind of crazy but i just loved it).
For more example you can look on the internet with the keyword (Oriental string work).