This is the recipe for full strength Royal Icing
Write a review
- * 1Lb Confectioners Sugar, (I prefer to use a scale instead of counting cups)
- * 4 tbsp Meringue Powder, (if you don't have the meringue powder you can use powdered egg whites and 1 tsp of lemon juice this mix will do the same as the merge powder but it will last less time good for consumption)
- * 5 to 6 tbsp warm Water,
- 1 tsp clear Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Icing color (optional)
- Mix all ingredients , beat for 7 minutes (stand mixer) or 10 minutes (hand mixer).
- To thin down the icing add water by tablespoons and mix until blend.
- Take a spoonful of icing, drop it back into the bowl and count 15 seconds... the icing should smooth itself in those 15 seconds if smoothes in less time you need to add some corn starch to the mix (a little) but if it takes more time you need to add water until it takes 15 seconds to smooth.
- After that is ready to use.!!!
One Cake A Day http://www.onecakeaday.com/