Hello everybody!!!! One Cake a Day is returning after a short break. I was fulfilling my duties for college, and needless to say this end of term was overwhelming. But at last I’m done (at least for this term), and I’m happy and ready to continue my passion here in One Cake a Day.
In the lasts weeks full of stress and work i was filling at the end of the day (late night) craving for cookies. So I start to look for tasty cookies recipes, but i needed something simple to prepare because i was too tired to mix 800 ingredients and after that wait for 2 hours until the dough had cooled enough to be able to bake and after that i didn’t want to wait 15 minutes until the cookies were done!
And the solution? Shortbread cookies. easy, simple, short waiting time and semi-addictive the best solution after a horrible day pushing technology projects…
Well then HERE is The Best Shortbread Ever
- 2 cups butter (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (you can experiment with almond, rum, orange, lemon)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, stir in the extract, add flour and salt, mix well.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes
- Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick (do not roll very thin or the cookies will over tan)
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until the edges are slightly tan.
- Cool in cooling grid and enjoy!
- In my one of my experiments I used a mold for mini pies and let it bake for 18 minutes .....
- After a long day of work ..... The Best Shortbread Ever (great with ice tea)